Versant English Placement Test
The Versant™ English Placement Test (VEPT) has been specially designed for English language learners to automatically evaluate speaking, listening, reading, and writing skills. Using speech processing technology and the advanced science of linguistics, the Versant™ English Placement Test has been used in academic institutions, private language schools, and corporate training programs throughout the world to evaluate the spoken English skills of students or staff.
Misr University for Science & Technology Case Study
Misr University for Science & Technology (MUST) is a private institution based in Egypt and is one of the most advanced educational institutions in the country. The MUST Test Centres are responsible for assessing the English proficiency of more than 5,000 students every year. Learn how they used the VEPT for English testing for admission and placement.
How the Test is Used
- To evaluate a student's English communication skills for course placement or exit exam.
- To monitor student or employee progress and measure instructional outcomes.
- To benchmark the language levels of employees, teachers, and students to correctly place them in training or remedial programs.
Why Use Versant
- Accurate, objective, and reliable test scored by advanced speech processing technology (for speaking and listening) and text processing technology (for writing and reading) to eliminate human and cultural bias.
- On-demand, easily administered test which can be taken anytime and at any place on a computer.
- Time saving test administration with a test that is ~50 minutes and scoring that is available online within minutes after the test is completed.